How to Safely Root the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (ICS Only) – Cursed4Evaon September 12, 2012
Easier method available, use the link below…
Tutorial to Safely Root the Galaxy Note:
This is my preferred method to root the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and here are the reasons why,
- 1. SAFE
- 2. Works with the 4.0.4 update
- 3. Minimal Downloads – 3-10mb max
- 4. Quick – 2-5 Mins Approx
- 5. No loss of Apps or Data
- 6. Counter does not increase (can unroot and avail warranty if needed)
- 7. Can be done without a PC
- 1. MicroSD Card Required
- 2. Works only with ICS (Android 4.0)
Step 2: Press Up Volume + Power + Home and hold till the phone reboots and you see Samsung Galaxy Note displayed on screen, at which point you can let the keys go.
Step 3: Now you should be in Android system recovery, select “apply update from external storage” (as shown in the image to the right) and select cwm.zip that we transferred earlier.
Note: Do not use this CWM for anything else apart from what’s required in this tutorial, DO NOT make nandroid backups at this stage.
- Select Install Zip from Sdcard
- Choose Zip from Internal Sdcard (I know we transferred to the MicroSd but still select Internal)
- Select SuperSU.zip and hit Install
- Once Complete hit “reboot system now”
We have ROOT now!!!
If you just want to run Root apps like Titanium Backup you are done here but if you want to flash custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods, Themes and so on continue…
(Id highly recommend the PRO version if you plan on flashing a lot of custom Roms, Kernels and so on)
Step 6: Download the SpeedMod Kernel and transfer it to the Internal/External Sd.
Step 7: Open Mobile ODIN and get through the initial screens (Grant Access, Let it Download any files if needed) and then click Kernel and navigate to wherever you have saved SpeedMod Kernel and select it and hit Flash Firmware.
We now have FULL ROOT with A SAFE Custom Recovery!!!
Now head on over and checkout some ROM Reviews and start flashing
Also share this page “How to safely Root the Galaxy Note” on your Facebook/Twitter/Google+… if you think it would help